sirius

Romance and other things

SPOILER ALERT!

Confused.

In Too Deep - Kate Sherwood

I TRIED NOT TO LIST ANY FACTS IN THE REVIEW BUT SOME OF THE STATEMENTS MAY LEAD TO SPOILERISH CONCLUSIONS, BEWARE.

When I finished this book I realized that I had no idea whatsoever how to review it, so I decided to give myself some time to see if I will have more definite reaction to the plot and characters and I still have no idea, so I am going to try to record the little that I can. I do not know how I feel about Aiden and his attempts to woo Cade. Yes, Aiden has a big heart, yes he is very sweet, but he still feels like a stalker to me. Do I feel okay because clearly Cade needed to let somebody in? I don't know because he still felt like a stalker to me and if somebody pursued me that many times after I said no so many times, well, I do not think I would have been happy. But it really is hard to stay mad at Aiden.

Cade, well, eh. I got his reactions to Aiden and during the course of the book for the most part, but his back story? Eh, no other solution really? What if he sat down and thought again?

What about a personality switch story pulled on me with Aiden's mom? I mean I got she was a you know what towards Cade because she was protective of Aiden and I actually understood it and did not held it against her, I thought it was refreshing in a sense - mom who is supportive of her son being gay but still annoying towards his boyfriend for the legit reasons (in her mind legit I mean, I did not agree with her on that), but her wanting to be friends felt kind of false to me.

I did like the way the relationship moved towards "adult complexities" after the conflict was out in the open, I liked that Aiden and Cade talked and how they tried to resolve things. It was once again refreshing.